Oxygen Park Run:
“ Winter is setting in. Time to connect more with nature, with yourself, with your fellow runners. Time to explore, meet, run and chat.
It’s these little things that make the difference. Our this week long run at the Kandlakoya Oxygen Park offers a different setting.
Set off on foot, don your running shoes and soak in the vast greenery, paddy fields, palm trees and tree lined stretch ”
The Kandlakoya Oxygen Park has been developed by the Telangana Forest department and it’s a lovely place for all nature and adventure lovers.
The place is about 1.2 kilometres from the Medchal ORR exit (exit number 06).
The place is very accessible from the city via the ORR.
Given that such lung spaces are becoming rarer by the day, it’s a good break from the cityscape for all the runners.
The route is a 2.5 kilometres loop inside the Kandlakoya Oxygen Park. One can expect to see different kinds of trees and plants; the route is 100% trail and we advise people to wear shoes. The route is as yet unexplored by anyone and we’re sure that everyone would love being there.
Parking is available both inside and outside the gate but we advise people to park your vehicles outside the gate in a sequential manner.
Toilets are also available.
Flora and Fauna:
Expect to see some peacocks on your route and also keep your eyes and ears open to see and hear different kinds of birds. Runners have to run on the outer periphery of the park (inside the park boundary) so as to finish the loop.
You may choose your distances accordingly based on your training plan. The SAG stations shall be planned at reasonable places en route.
Kid friendly :
The place is kid friendly too; you can get your kids and family along. For the more adventurous amongst the kids.
Breakfast shall also be provided. We’re arranging for some basic food for all the runners and volunteers.
Looking forward to seeing everyone from the running community at this new location.
Hosted by: Secunderabad and Kompally Runners.
Registration Fee : 150/-
(Registration Fee includes
Breakfast & Park entry)
Note: No T-Shirt & No Medal.
Time of Assembly : 05.45 AM
Run Start Time : 06.15 AM
Distances : 5, 12 & 18 Kms
Location : Kandlakoya Oxygen Park, Medchal ORR exit (Exit No.06).
Distance – 5K | 12K | 18K
Disclaimer – Please note that you are required to exercise utmost caution for your own safety and well-being while running on roads. Hyderabad Runners is only acting as a facilitator for this Run and does not bear any responsibility or liability for any risk incident, accident or claims that might arise from your participation in this Run.
- Runners are requested to carry a handheld sipper or bottle to carry water/electrolyte along with them during the run to hydrate well, and we see most of the runners fail to adhere to this, we request all the runners to carry a bottle during the run and don’t rely completely on SAG vehicles
- Post run Hydration – Runners are requested to carry a liter of water in your vehicle to hydrate yourself post run so that you need not wait until the SAG car return back,
- The SAG support is only on the run and not for post run hydration.
- Always carry a ID proof, emergency contact details, and some cash during the runs.
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden U-turn at your turnaround point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (runners, cyclists, etc.) then make your U-turn. Making a sudden U-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a crosswalk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
- Ignore verbal harassment and do not verbally harass others. Use discretion in acknowledging strangers. Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Wear reflective material if you must run before dawn or after dark. Avoid running on the street when it is dark.
- CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary. It is important to report incidents immediately