- Sunday Long Run | Nagole Forest - Monsoon Edition
This July, come join us to run around the green environs around the Vanasthali hills. The place is an old layout that hasn’t been occupied for long. The layout is dotted by trees of various sizes and the route inside constitutes one of the most picturesque that we have in this part of the city.
The green canopy followed by the urban agglomeration, coupled with a light drizzle and the rising sun make this place a visitor’s delight.Post Run breakfast will be served to all registered runners.
This run will be hosted by L B Nagar Runners Group , Thanks to the wonderful group for making this run bigger & better every season.
Distance – 5K | 10K | 16K | 24K
All the runs will start & finish from the Unicent School.
The route starts from the Unicent school atop the hill and goes into the well laid-out paths inside the Vanasthali hills (most of the roads are at right angles) and then traverses through the edge of the layout to enter into the road leading onto the Gowrelly village (after passing by the Kuntloor nursery junction).
From the nursery junction, the route passes through the reserve forest area on both sides of the road and reaches the village. Beyond this is another green patch where the runners would pass by lush green cultivation on one side and toddy-breweries on the other.
Look for peacocks enroute. Keep your ears open to hear the sweet singing of birds. With the monsoon around, we also expect some light showers to hit us.
The route is an out and back one. 10K in one direction and return by the same way.
We’re planning to have the SAG support points evenly spaced all through the route.
For the more adventurous ones, you may want to explore the Vanasthali hills. If one’s fully ready, you may find a 5K route all inside the Vanasthali hills (by running on the outer paths). This officially ain’t a part of the route but we’re leaving it up to you to discover the place.
The route is not barefoot-friendly and we want you to wear your footwear.
Please note that you are required to exercise utmost caution for your own safety and well-being while running on roads. Hyderabad Runners is only acting as a facilitator for this Run and does not bear any responsibility or liability for any risk incident, accident or claims that might arise from your participation in this Run.
- We have been regularly advising runners to carry a handheld sipper or bottle to carry water/electrolyte along with them during the run to hydrate well, and we see most of the runners fail to adhere to this, we request all the runners to carry a bottle during the run and don’t rely completely on SAG vehicles
- Post run Hydration – Runners are requested to carry a liter of water in your vehicle to hydrate yourself post run so that you need not wait until the SAG car return back,
- The SAG support is only on the run and not for post run hydration.
- Always carry a ID proof, emergency contact details, and some cash during the runs.
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden U-turn at your turn around point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (runners, cyclists, etc.) then make your U-turn. Making a sudden U-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a cross walk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
- Ignore verbal harassment and do not verbally harass others. Use discretion in acknowledging strangers. Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Wear reflective material if you must run before dawn or after dark. Avoid running on the street when it is dark.
- CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary. It is important to report incidents immediately
|05||Sunday Long Run | Sanjeevaiah Park|
|19||Sunday Long Run | GACHIBOWLI STADIUM|