- SUNDAY LONG RUN | KBR PARK MAIN GATE
10 March 2019 | 5:30:am
Following are the details of the Run:-
Venue – KBR PARK MAIN GATE
Assembly time – 05:30 AM
Start Time – 05:45 AM Sharp
Please as we step into the Summer season the assemble and start times are changed accordingly.
Course – Hard (Considering the rolling hills maximum distance marked is 16km)If you’re looking to improve your ability to tackle hills on race day, then incorporating rolling hills into your long runs is the best solution.
Of all the possible workouts you could do from endurance building long runs to speed enhancing interval track workouts there is one type of workout that improves nearly all of the various components of your running. You guessed it – It’s a hill training touches on nearly every training element.
We have pacing slots available anyone who is interested to PACE please write to email@example.com
Distance – 11K| 14K | 16K
Route Map – https://www.plotaroute.com/route/780005?units=km
All the runs will start and finish outside the KBR PARK Gate.
Run will start from outside the KBR gate and head towards right and take immediate left on Banjara hills road #14 follow the main road which will go past the Consulate General Of Islamic Republic Of Iran, and connect to the road no#1 opposite to GVK one make a right go along the main road go past rd no#10 and take right at Virinchi Hospital Junction onto Rd#12 at run up an you will reach Puri Jagannath Temple junction , take left and run along the KBR park, at Film Nagar Junction take left and then right towards the Whisper Valley, follow the road and run all the way down and turn back from the foot of Whisper Valley hill. “Dare to Run back up” retrace the path back to Film Nagar junction and take left towards Check post and finish at KBR gate.
14K Runners will follow the above route until the top of Whisper Valley hill point and Catch a glimpse of Golconda and Qutub Shahi tombs. Have a sip of coconut water at the top of the hill. Turn around and retrace path back to Film nagar junction at this Junction, turn left and go via check post and finish at KBR Gate
11K Runners will follow the above route until Filmnagar and exclude the Whisper Valley stretch and head straight towards KBR park gate via Check post.
Disclaimer – Please note that you are required to exercise utmost caution for your own safety and well-being while running on roads. Hyderabad Runners is only acting as a facilitator for this Run and does not bear any responsibility or liability for any risk incident, accident or claims that might arise from your participation in this Run.
- We have been regularly advising runners to carry a handheld sipper or bottle to carry water/electrolyte along with them during the run to hydrate well, and we see most of the runners fail to adhere to this, we request all the runners to carry a bottle during the run and don’t rely completely on SAG vehicles
- Post run Hydration – Runners are requested to carry a liter of water in your vehicle to hydrate yourself post run so that you need not wait until the SAG car return back,
- The SAG support is only on the run and not for post run hydration.
- Always carry a ID proof, emergency contact details, and some cash during the runs.
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden U-turn at your turn around point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (runners, cyclists, etc.) then make your U-turn. Making a sudden U-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a cross walk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
- Ignore verbal harassment and do not verbally harass others. Use discretion in acknowledging strangers. Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Wear reflective material if you must run before dawn or after dark. Avoid running on the street when it is dark.
- CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary. It is important to report incidents immediately
|05||Sunday Long Run | Sanjeevaiah Park|
|19||Sunday Long Run | GACHIBOWLI STADIUM|