Details are as follows :-
Date – Sunday 10th Feb 2019
Venue – Himayat Sagar Main Gate
Assembly time – 06:00 AM
Start Time – 06:15 AM Sharp
Please note we have initiated Pacers for Sunday Long Runs as well.
We know how much you love the SLRs and have always been thinking of ways to improve participation and help runners gain more knowledge about running from others. Starting this Sunday, we are introducing the concept of buses right here in the SLRs. To begin with, there will be three categories, Novice, Intermediate, and Fast. Each group will announce the pace it will adopt for that run and you are free to join any one of them as per your training plan and aspiration level.
The objective is to distribute the wealth of knowledge gained by the group across all members so that each one of us has a goal and a guide to come closer to that goal. Hope you will find it useful.
Following are the Pace Slots for this sunday – 6:00 min/km ; 6:30min/km ; 7:00min/km –
Any Volunteers for Pacing ? Please drop message to email@example.com
Distance – 10K | 15K | 21K
All the runs will start and finish outside the Himayat Sagar Gate
10K Route Map – https://www.plotaroute.com/route/760306?units=km
Disclaimer – Please note that you are required to exercise utmost caution for your own safety and well-being while running on roads. Hyderabad Runners is only acting as a facilitator for this Run and does not bear any responsibility or liability for any risk incident, accident or claims that might arise from your participation in this Run.
- We have been regularly advising runners to carry a handheld sipper or bottle to carry water/electrolyte along with them during the run to hydrate well, and we see most of the runners fail to adhere to this, we request all the runners to carry a bottle during the run and don’t rely completely on SAG vehicles
- Post run Hydration – Runners are requested to carry a liter of water in your vehicle to hydrate yourself post run so that you need not wait until the SAG car return back,
- The SAG support is only on the run and not for post run hydration.
- Always carry a ID proof, emergency contact details, and some cash during the runs.
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden U-turn at your turn around point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (runners, cyclists, etc.) then make your U-turn. Making a sudden U-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a cross walk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
- Ignore verbal harassment and do not verbally harass others. Use discretion in acknowledging strangers. Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Wear reflective material if you must run before dawn or after dark. Avoid running on the street when it is dark.
- CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary. It is important to report incidents immediately
|27||Scheduled Sunday Long Run | Golkonda Resorts Gandipet|