- Sunday Long Run | Gachibowli Stadium Gate
The following are the details for the Sunday long run.
Venue – Gachibowli Stadium Gate
Assembly time – 05:30 am
Start Time – 05:45 am Sharp
This Sunday since we have Hyderabad 10K, and most of our runners will be participating at 10K event, hence we will be having minimal support. So kindly be prepared.
Distance – 10K| 16K| 21K
All the runs will start from Gachibowli stadium gate and head towards IIT junction and make right on to ISB road, head straight @Fishermans wharf 10K runners turn around and retrace back to Stadium gate.
16k & 21K runners head straight underpass the ORR and take a right and then left on to movie towers 16K runners turn round from the hilltop and retrace back to Stadium. 21K runners continue and reach Golkonda resorts and retrace back to the stadium.
Anyone running more than 21Kms can continue from Golkonda Resorts straight until the Osman Sagar bund and retrace back.
Disclaimer – Please note that you are required to exercise the utmost caution for your own safety and well-being while running on roads. Hyderabad Runners is only acting as a facilitator for this Run and does not bear any responsibility or liability for any risk incident, accident or claims that might arise from your participation in this Run.
- We have been regularly advising runners to carry a handheld sipper or bottle to carry water/electrolyte along with them during the run to hydrate well, and we see most of the runners fail to adhere to this, we request all the runners to carry a bottle during the run and don’t rely completely on SAG vehicles
- Post run Hydration – Runners are requested to carry a liter of water in your vehicle to hydrate yourself post run so that you need not wait until the SAG car return back,
- The SAG support is only on the run and not for post run hydration.
- Always carry a ID proof, emergency contact details, and some cash during the runs.
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden U-turn at your turn around point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (runners, cyclists, etc.) then make your U-turn. Making a sudden U-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a cross walk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
- Ignore verbal harassment and do not verbally harass others. Use discretion in acknowledging strangers. Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Wear reflective material if you must run before dawn or after dark. Avoid running on the street when it is dark.
- CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary. It is important to report incidents immediately
|05||Sunday Long Run | Sanjeevaiah Park|
|19||Sunday Long Run | GACHIBOWLI STADIUM|