- Shaikpet Kotha Cheruvu Clean Up Run
It’s been 8 weeks that Kriti Social Initiatives , Ananda Foundation & Udayan Care are tirelessly working on every sunday morning to cleanup the garbage around the Shaikpet Kotha Cheruvu and putting their best efforts to clean up the city “Hyderabad”
“The time to clean our city of any dirt begins with individual action for collective clean communities.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita
Hyderabad Runners joins this initiative to support and help in cleaning up the Shaikpet Kotha Cheruvu Clean Up 2019-20.
Come join us in large numbers to make a difference !!
Distance – 10K & 16K
Run start & Finish outside the GHMC Park/Opposite to Sheikpet Cheruvu
Following are the route details for tomorrow’s run
Start from the Shaikpet Cheruvu one loop around the lake, and then run up hill and head towards the filmnagar ,as you hit the T junction take right and run along the KBR park one full loop (10K Runners will take right at the T junction and come back to the Sheikpet cheruvu point and finish) 16 K runners will continue and do the 2nd loop of KBR park and take run at the Film Nagar T junction after finishing 2 loops of KBR, on the Film nagar road take right towards Whisper Valley reach up to the hill top and retrace back to the Start point that will be approximately 16.5km
Disclaimer – Please note that you are required to exercise utmost caution for your own safety and well-being while running on roads. Hyderabad Runners is only acting as a facilitator for this Run and does not bear any responsibility or liability for any risk incident, accident or claims that might arise from your participation in this Run.
- We have been regularly advising runners to carry a handheld sipper or bottle to carry water/electrolyte along with them during the run to hydrate well, and we see most of the runners fail to adhere to this, we request all the runners to carry a bottle during the run and don’t rely completely on SAG vehicles
- Post run Hydration – Runners are requested to carry a liter of water in your vehicle to hydrate yourself post run so that you need not wait until the SAG car return back,
- The SAG support is only on the run and not for post run hydration.
- Always carry a ID proof, emergency contact details, and some cash during the runs.
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden U-turn at your turn around point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (runners, cyclists, etc.) then make your U-turn. Making a sudden U-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a cross walk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
- Ignore verbal harassment and do not verbally harass others. Use discretion in acknowledging strangers. Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Wear reflective material if you must run before dawn or after dark. Avoid running on the street when it is dark.
- CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary. It is important to report incidents immediately
|05||Sunday Long Run | Sanjeevaiah Park|
|19||Sunday Long Run | GACHIBOWLI STADIUM|