Dry Run for the NMDC Hyderabad Marathon 2023.
Supported by OPTUM
It’s here. The much-awaited Dry Run for the upcoming NMDC Hyderabad Marathon powered by IDFC First Bank is here. It’s happening on 6th August.
Half Marathon Details:
Time of Assembly : 05.00 AM
Location : Near Necklace road MMTS Station, PV Marg, Khairathabad, Hyd. (https://goo.gl/maps/2YK2FMXsT1qUYoWH7 )
10 KMS Details:
Time of Assembly : 06.15 AM
Location : Main gate Hitex, Hitex Road, Kothaguda, Hyderabad. (https://goo.gl/maps/PioeD2LkZhW6TsCE7 )
Route Map: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1752539
Some housekeeping rules:
- Registration is a must for this run for logistical purposes.
- There will be no mass gathering at the start point. Runners will have to start their runs in batches of 5 people.
- Smaller and shorter groups are advisable for this run.
- Each group will start after a gap of 4-5 minutes.
- Run against the traffic as much as possible.
- SAG stations are placed appropriately will be explained at the start point.
- Wear appropriate clothing so as to be visible in the traffic too.
- Don’t start the run if you aren’t well.
- If you’re unwell at any point in the event, please stop and don’t run further.
- Ambulance support shall be provided by the Care Hospital.
- It’s advisable to carry your own hydration to hydrate intermittently between the SAG stations.
- The dry run will conclude inside the Gachibowli stadium campus.
- Breakfast shall be provided for everyone who registers for the Dry run.
- People on the western side of the city may park their vehicles at the Gachibowli stadium campus and take a cab to get to the start point.
NMDC Hyderabad Marathon 2023 – Dry Run Route
- Start from MMTS Station between 05:00 AM and 05:30 AM.
- Run on the opposite side of traffic towards the Indira Gandhi Statue junction.
- Turn Right onto the Khairtabad Flyover and continue running on the opposite side of the Road until the Khairtabad junction.
- Turn Right onto the Rajbhavan Road -> Continue running on the opposite side of the road. Pass via the Yashoda Hospital until the Rajiv Gandhi statue junction in Somajiguda.
- At the Rajiv Gandhi Statue, cross the road and go to the opposite side towards Lalitha Jewelers and continue running on the opposite side of the road.
- Watch out for the Punjagutta junction; cross the road carefully when it’s safe to cross.
- Continue Running on the opposite side of the road -> you will need to go all the way up to the KBR park junction.
- On the Junction make a right -> and run on the opposite side of the traffic. Till you reach the Jubilee Hills Checkpost junction.
- On this junction, make a left and go to the opposite side of the road towards Road #45.
- From the Jubilee hills checkpost, continue running on the Jubilee Hills Road #2 till you reach Road #45 on the opposite side of the road.
- Make a right onto Road #45, go towards the Flyover. DO NOT take the fly over.
- Continue running on the opposite side of the road till you reach Heart Cup cafe.
- Move to the Left side of the road which is with the direction of Traffic and under the Flyover.
- Run till you reach the ramp towards Cable Bridge. Get on the Ramp and take the walkway of the cable bridge. DO NOT run on the main road.
- Run till you reach the ITC Kohenur Junction. At the ITC Kohenur junction, Make a left in the opposite direction of traffic.
- On reaching the next junction make a right (towards T-Hub) and run on the opposite side of the traffic for about 300mtrs and make a U-Turn and trace back the same route you reach the ITC Kohenur again.
- Run with the traffic from the ITC Kohenur till you reach IKEA junction .
- At the IKEA junction, turn left and run against the traffic till you reach Bio-Diversity Park/Nissan showroom.
- At the Nissan Showroom , take a right turn -> continue on the opposite side of the road and DO NOT take the Gachibowli Flyover.
- Watch out for the traffic at the Gachibowli Junction and carefully cross the road.
- Go towards Udupi Uphar hotel and continue towards the IIIT Junction, continue running on the opposite side of the road.
- Continue running towards Gachibowli Stadium on the opposite side of the traffic.
- Once you reach Gachibowli Stadium, make up for the distance for the half-marathon by running inside the stadium campus.
- Start from the Hitex gate .
- Run on the opposite side of the traffic till the Metal Charminar junction.
- Here at the Metal Charminar junction, cross the road and run with the traffic till you hit the CII building/signal .
- Here, take left towards the Lemon Tree Hotel -> Run on the opposite side of the traffic via Tech Mahindra/Oracle/HSBC till you reach the Lemon Tree Hotel.
- At the Lemon Tree, take Right and run on the opposite side of the traffic continue running towards IKEA.
- At the IKEA junction, DO NOT go through the underpass -> take the RAMP up towards IKEA and then you will merge with the Half-Marathon route -> you can continue running with the Half Marathoners till the end.
For the full-marathon runners who are attempting distances beyond the half-marathon this Sunday: Please plan to start early and complete the first part of the run at the necklace road (around tank bund) before joining others at the Necklace road MMTS station at ~ 05:00 AM for the remaining half-marathon distance.
Remember that you’re on your own here and no SAG stations shall be available until the half-marathon starts.
- No Bus or drop facility will be provided and runners need to make
their own arrangements to reach the respective start points.
- Parking is at your own risk.
- No T-Shirt & Medal.
- Remember to remain safe at all times.
- Please dispose of the trash only at the dustbins or carry the trash along with you till you see a dustbin/SAG station.
- And please register for the run if and only if you can make it ; if you register and don’t come, you’ll deny another person a chance to participate and also contribute to food wastage.
Disclaimer – Please note that you are required to exercise utmost caution for your own safety and well-being while running on roads. Hyderabad Runners is only acting as a facilitator for this Run and does not bear any responsibility or liability for any risk incident, accident or claims that might arise from your participation in this Run.
- We have been regularly advising runners to carry a handheld sipper or bottle to carry water/electrolyte along with them during the run to hydrate well, and we see most of the runners fail to adhere to this, we request all the runners to carry a bottle during the run and don’t rely completely on SAG vehicles
- Post run Hydration – Runners are requested to carry a liter of water in your vehicle to hydrate yourself post run so that you need not wait until the SAG car return back,
- The SAG support is only on the run and not for post run hydration.
- Always carry a ID proof, emergency contact details, and some cash during the runs.
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden U-turn at your turn around point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (runners, cyclists, etc.) then make your U-turn. Making a sudden U-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a cross walk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
- Ignore verbal harassment and do not verbally harass others. Use discretion in acknowledging strangers. Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Wear reflective material if you must run before dawn or after dark. Avoid running on the street when it is dark.
- CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary. It is important to report incidents immediately
|25||Gaudium Stadium Run - 3rd Edition by Hyderabad Runners|