9th Edition of CHUDAILATHON
Its that time of the year again when we have a crazy midnight run aptly named Chudailathon (for the chudails or the creatures who adorn the road in the dead of the night). It all began in 2012 when few of HR folks ran their respective first FM albeit in training. What started with madness of 5 people had about 75 runners last year. This year also we hope to have more number of chudails errr people.
The run in the dark with your head torch to light your way through the winding city roads.
Assemble: 2:45 AM
Start Time: 3 AM Start
Venue: KBR Park Main Entrance
Start Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/RXZ1CFLofUcNdNht7
Distance: 18 km
Register here by filling the google form :
Please note run will start from KBR Park main gate and finish at the Morning ton road Cemetery, Karkhana.Hence plan your transport accordingly.
Post run tradition is most of us visit to world famous Paradise @ Secunderabad for a Kheema Roti Breakfast .When you are done, wash it down with a steaming hot cup of Irani Chai !!
Route Map – plotted for 15.6Km rest of the distance will be covered in the cantonment area guided by course volunteers
Start from KBR Park head towards Cancer hospital and take left turn on to rd#10 and follow the main road until you reach Rd#1 , then take left and then immediate right at Taj Krishna signal , as you reach panjagutta road take right towards Khairatabad signal and follow the road towards Imax circle, from here head towards NTR Gardens, Lumbini Park and follow tank bund road, at the rani gunj Y junction make slight right towards Rashtrapathi Road, as you reach Patny signal head straight, go past picket signal, JBS (from patny till JBS it will be little busy road be ALERT), then Secunderabad Club , follow the main road , exactly after 15k mark take right and you will see Mornington Cemetery on your right.
Those who want to finish the run may stop here, other can continue towards cantonment to add extra distance.
- Reflective vest & head torch is mandatory otherwise runner will not be allowed to start.
- Run against traffic. It’s easier to avoid traffic if you can see it.
- Don’t wear dark colors at night. White running attire is the easiest to see at night, but orange and yellow are also appropriate.
- Run behind vehicles at intersections. Even if a car or truck has stopped at a stop sign, there’s no guarantee the driver has seen you.
- Wear a clear glasses.Clear glasses will protect your eyes from bugs and other unseen obstacles.
- Run in a group – As cliché as it may sound, safety is truly greater in numbers. Avoid running solo, be with the pack as some stretches on the route may be poorly lit.
- Be aware of the surroundings, it’s important to pay attention to your surroundings, especially in the dark when it becomes harder to distinguish objects from people.
- Ditch the music – Try to avoid wearing headphones. You can’t hear oncoming cars, dogs, or any other potential threat.
Disclaimer – Please note that you are required to exercise utmost caution for your own safety and well-being while running on roads. Hyderabad Runners is only acting as a facilitator for this Run and does not bear any responsibility or liability for any risk incident, accident or claims that might arise from your participation in this Run.
- Runners are requested to carry a handheld sipper or bottle to carry water/electrolyte along with them during the run to hydrate well, and we see most of the runners fail to adhere to this, we request all the runners to carry a bottle during the run and don’t rely completely on SAG vehicles
- Post run Hydration – Runners are requested to carry a liter of water in your vehicle to hydrate yourself post run so that you need not wait until the SAG car return back,
- The SAG support is only on the run and not for post run hydration.
- Always carry a ID proof, emergency contact details, and some cash during the runs.
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden U-turn at your turnaround point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (runners, cyclists, etc.) then make your U-turn. Making a sudden U-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a crosswalk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
- Ignore verbal harassment and do not verbally harass others. Use discretion in acknowledging strangers. Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Wear reflective material if you must run before dawn or after dark. Avoid running on the street when it is dark.
- CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary. It is important to report incidents immediately