This has been a tradition of Hyderabad Runners/Hyderabad Marathon Organizing team.
AHM Organizing team who sacrificed their run on the race day will now run a Half Marathon (HM Race course) and 10K starting from Stadium gate and will get a finisher medal upon finishing the respective distance.
Eligibility to EARN Finisher Medal –
Participant must be part of organizing committee
A participant who has sacrificed the race and had volunteered for the RACE.
Who is Not eligible for this Finisher Medal.
Those who were not part of the organizing team.
Those who participated in AHM 2019
Sunday long run runners may join the group for their usual longrun.
Please plan to carpool accordingly as the Half Marathon start point is Necklace Road and Finish is at the Gachibowli Stadium Gate.
Following are the details of
Distance – 21.09K RUN
Assemble at 5:15 am and Start at 5:30 am
Start from Imax Circle & finish at Gachibowli Stadium gate
- Start from Parking opposite Necklace road Peoples plaza >>
- Take a Right at IMAX circle onto the Khairatabad
- At Khairatabad jn make a right turn onto Rajbhavan Road >>
- Once u reach Somajiguda Jn cross the road (under pass flyover) make a left turn towards panjagutta Jn. >>
- Keep heading towards KBR , Rdno#3 followed by Rdno#2 >>
- At KBR jn make a right towards Jubilee Hills Checkpost >>
- From Check post Head straight towards Road no#36 once u reach intersection (Neerus will be on right) take a left onto Madhapur-Hitech city rd
- At Cyber towers Cross road (underpass flyover) take left towards Raheja Mind Space>> and run through the SRDP underpass
- At BIODIVERSITY Jn take right towards Gachibowli >>
- Head straight get on GACHIBOWLI FLYOVER>>
- At the IIIT Junction take left onto ISB road and take U turn at the Pullela Gopichand Academy>>( this is to make it 21.++ kms as we finish outside the stadium)
- You will again come back to IIIT Junction
- Take left towards Stadium and FINISH at THE STADIUM
Time – Assemble – 06:15 am & start @ 6:30AM
Start from the stadium gate , head toward the IIIT Junction take right on to ISB road and head straight all the way till Fisherman’s Wharf and retrace the route back to stadium.
Please note for organizers those who wish to run a 21K has to start from Necklace road and not from Gachibowli Stadium.
Disclaimer – Please note that you are required to exercise utmost caution for your own safety and well-being while running on roads. Hyderabad Runners is only acting as a facilitator for this Run and does not bear any responsibility or liability for any risk incident, accident or claims that might arise from your participation in this Run.
- Runners are requested to carry a handheld sipper or bottle to carry water/electrolyte along with them during the run to hydrate well, and we see most of the runners fail to adhere to this, we request all the runners to carry a bottle during the run and don’t rely completely on SAG vehicles
- Post run Hydration – Runners are requested to carry a liter of water in your vehicle to hydrate yourself post run so that you need not wait until the SAG car return back,
- The SAG support is only on the run and not for post run hydration.
- Always carry a ID proof, emergency contact details, and some cash during the runs.
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden U-turn at your turnaround point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (runners, cyclists, etc.) then make your U-turn. Making a sudden U-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a crosswalk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
- Ignore verbal harassment and do not verbally harass others. Use discretion in acknowledging strangers. Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Wear reflective material if you must run before dawn or after dark. Avoid running on the street when it is dark.
- CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY if something happens to you or someone else, or you notice anyone out of the ordinary. It is important to report incidents immediately
|27||Scheduled Sunday Long Run | Golkonda Resorts Gandipet|