The Relay Run is an annual fun run which started in 2015 with the mission to make runners have fun. Training monotony is a real thing, and since we are keen about maintaining the joy in running, we came up with the relay run to give runners a break from their tedious training schedule. This relay run is a team event, and every individual member has to run a distance of 4 km.
This run is also a chance to unleash your inner creativity, since we encourage runners to dress in the craziest costumes they can think of. So, pick a theme for your team, wear your fancy dress costume, and get ready for your individual 4 km leg of the run. We give a prize for not just the team that finishes the run first, but also for the best costume!
Slower runners won’t be left behind
This run is also a handicapped run – the principle behind a handicapped run is to ensure all runners have a chance to finish at the same time. So, based on a criterion of age & gender, we allow certain runners to start before others so that they will not be left behind. Scroll down further to understand how we handicap this run.
Sunday 7th July 2019
Reporting time – 5:00 AM
Race Starts – 5:45 AM
Venue – Necklace Road MMTS Station Parking
Distance: 4 km per participant (4 x 4 km). Each participant will have to cover 4km.
BIB’s will be distributed before the start of the run from 5.00 AM onwards.
Each Team will have 4 members, of which the following 2 participants are mandatory:
- One male participant above 45 years of age (in case teams are unable to get a male participant above 45 years, the threshold age barrier can be relaxed to 40+ years)
- One female participant
- The other 2 participants could be any combination of male & female participants
Open for: Anyone above the age of 16. If children in the age group of 12-16 years would like to take part, they would be allowed to do so only if their parents are in the same team.
Prize Money: No
EVENT HASHTAG: #HRRelayRun2019
How does the handicap work?
Each team will be given a time handicap based on age & gender of the participants.
- 40+: Each male runner above the age of 40 will be given a time handicap of 15 seconds. Thus, a male runner aged 45 years will have a time handicap of 75 seconds (5yrs * 15 seconds)
- 16-40: No handicap
- 12-16: Each male runner in this age group will have a handicap of 15 seconds per year
- 25+: Each female runner about the age of 25 will have a handicap of a fixed 8 minutes plus 24 seconds per year above 25. So, a female runner aged 40 will have a time handicap of 8 minutes + 360 seconds (15 yrs * 24 seconds)
- 16-25: Each female runner in this age group will have a fixed 8 minutes handicap
- 12-16: Each runner in this category will have a handicap of 8 minutes plus 24 seconds per year under 16
Let us assume a team with the following combination: Three men of 45, 19 and 30 years with a woman of 40 years.
- Male runner of 45 years: 5 * 15 Sec = 75 seconds
- Female runner of 40 years: 8 minutes + 15 * 24 seconds = 14 minutes
- Male runner of 30 & 19 do not get any handicap
So, the total handicap for this team is 14 minutes and 75 seconds.
- Make your own team name, costume & bibs.
- The timing for this run is recorded manually, so please report at the finish line after completion.
Top 3 Positions Prize Categories:
- Fastest Finishers
- Best Team Name
- Unique Costumes
Registration fee includes:
- Entry to the run
- Post-run refreshments
|27||Scheduled Sunday Long Run | Golkonda Resorts Gandipet|