We wish you and your families a safe and healthy second half of 2020.
“Rain or Shine; Day or Night; Sleep or no Sleep; Busy or not; Young or Aged; Boy or Girl; Dawn or Dusk; Alone or Together – One thing that we runners have always done, is we never stop running!”
However, COVID-19 has trumped us all!
From running to walking to even simple exercising had become difficult in the last 6 months of lockdown and strict quarantine measures. However, today, with the various unlock measures and government advisories, we see that members are becoming more active and a lot of members have been running on their own to keep themselves healthy.
We at HR, are taking this opportunity to motivate you to put on those running shoes, don your gear, and step out into the safe havens within your colonies or neighbourhoods that are opening up for outdoor activities… Whether you are already out on the road or still thinking about it, our Resilience Run serves you as an enabler to do more…
Follow physical distancing norms and other guidelines. Do read up and follow some additional guidelines by HR. Please stay aware and adhere to rules of the Govt. wherever you are. Be mindful and considerate of others. Do not try to compete, just enjoy yourself… and run!
Aligned with the Government of India’s efforts to encourage citizens to keep themselves active, and in this connection Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS)’s virtual ‘Fit India Run’, Hyderabad Runners brings you the Resilience Run as an opportunity for you to motivate yourselves and get on the road!
Start: 20th September @ 00:00 hours
End: 20th October @ 23:59 hours
To register: www.goals.fit/hyderabadrunners
Registration fee – Free for everyone
Minimum age to register: 18 years and above
Venue: Anywhere in the world
Prize money: This event has no prizes
E-Certificate: All the runners will get E-certificate with cumulative mileage post event
Distance: Run a minimum of 1km per day
- Each day for considering a workout starts at 12:00 AM and ends at 11:59 PM local time.
- Run a route of your choice, at a time that suits you. Run your own race at your pace.
- Track your run by tracking APP or GPS Watch (Strava, Runkeeper, Mapmyrun, Endomondo etc).
- Once you are done with your run, login to your account and upload the details.
Preferred APP: Strava, as it links your workout / run automatically to your mileage instantly
Strava Users: Need to register once for the event. Strava automatically captures your daily mileage, once you save the data.
Non Strava users: Should upload the screen shot / timing link / manual entry every time of your Run
No Electronic gadget? You can still participate by logging your run manually! It’s about your health, so we know you will be true to yourself.
Covid-19 Safety Measures:
- Do not participate if you are feeling sick or unwell, and or have fever, or if you have been in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19.
- Persons from high risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating.
- We recommend that you consult your physician to access your health before participating in the event and run or walk within the physician recommended stress levels.
- Abstain from any form of physical contact (hand shakes, high-fives, hugs, partner stretching, etc.).
- Do not engage in close group pictures/selfies.
- Don’t spit or “nose rocket” your nose in public – bring along tissues or a small towel or a hanky if you need to get rid of some snot during your run/walk. If you must spit, do so away from people and areas that will have foot traffic.
- Do not share personal items, such as hydration, energy gels, towels, etc.
- Masks or face covers should be required anytime persons cannot maintain physical distance, and where local guidelines require. It would also be advisable to use face mask or face cover when crossing by a another runner.
- Participants should self carry personal hydration (bottles/packs).
- Participants should preferably carry a small bottle of sanitizer to disinfect immediately in case of contact.
- Avoid large gatherings during the run and post run and always maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands for a minimum 20 secs when you get back home.
- Best to avoid large groups, as you are really not very sure of who is an asymptomatic carrier or hiding an encounter with a person tested positive. Better to be around 1-2 you trust rather than a large group.
|27||Scheduled Sunday Long Run | Golkonda Resorts Gandipet|