At Hyderabad Runners, you’ll find the resources you need for marathon training, and more-to stay fit and achieve your running goals. Hyderabad Runners Training offers expert coaching and customized training plans for runners of all abilities.
This Marathon/Half Marathon & 10K training program was created to get the best version of you across the finish line. This 24 & 20 Week training program is built to help you develop Aerobic capacity,endurance strength & Speed to get you ready to tackle your first or fastest marathon.
The comprehensive program, will not only prepare you from the BASE TO RACE, but it will also educate you on a variety of workouts and running-specific terms you’ll see referenced throughout your training. It’s important to understand the different types of runs included in the program in order to get the most out of the full training experience. While the program was designed for maximum results, it was also created to adapt to your experience level and is uniquely flexible to your needs.
Please note this training program is not for beginners looking to run their first 5K. We have a great team of over 30 experienced mentors and coaches to guide you to your goal race. All participants receive a detailed training plan after signing up
Training is staggered into 5 Phases :
- 3 weeks – PREP & BASE
- 12 weeks – BASE PHASE
- 6 weeks – BUILD
- 3 weeks – PEAK RACE
- 1 Week – Post Race Recovery Transition
This plan includes 5 types of workout activities each week, all are important to get the fittest, strongest, and fastest version of you to the finish line.
- AEROBIC BASE – Focus on building the aerobic base by gradually increase the mileage
- SPEED – Building strength through speed training is important as you prepare. Throughout this plan, you’ll be introduced to a variety of speed workouts and drills that will make you faster.
- ENDURANCE – You need endurance training to help prepare your body and mind to go the distance on race day. You will work on endurance with weekly Long Runs.
- STRENGTH – Strength training improves running performance, whether thatâ€™s running economy or time to exhaustion helps you stay injury free.
- RECOVERY – Recovering from your workout days is just as important as the workouts themselves. Use these days to recover based on how you feel. Either take the day off
- Training start – 11th March 2019
- Duration – We have structed the program in 2 segments
- 24 weeks – 11th March to 25th Aug 2019
- 20 weeks – 08th April to 25th Aug 2019
- Training Time– 05:45AM Assemble across all locations and session will last for 60-75mins.
- Training fee per person
- 24 Weeks – Rs 5999
- 20 Weeks – Rs 4999
- Registraion fee includes Access to official Group training session, In Training Tee shirt.
- In Training Tee – Training tee shirt will be delivered to your postal address in last week of April 2019,Please provide full & correct communication address.
- Weekly Schedule includes 3 trainer interactive sessions plus 3 run sessions.
Day Activity Monday Yoga – Trainer led session Tuesday Short Distance Run – Based on training plan Wednesday Strength & Conditioning – Trainer led session Thursday Medium Distance Run – Based on training plan Friday Strength & Conditioning – Trainer led session Saturday Active Rest – Recomended cross training like swim/cycling Sunday Long Distance Run
- We plan to conduct training program at the following locations –
- Aparna Cyber Zone/Cyber Commune – Only for Residents
- BHEL – Open for all
- Botanical Garden – Open for all
- Gachibowli Stadium- Open for all
- KBR PARK/Vengalrao Park – Open for all
- L B NAGAR Deer Park – Open for all
- L&T Serene County – Only for Residents
- Mahindra Avishta – Only for Residents
- Malaysian Township – Only for Residents
- My Home Jewel – Only for Residents
- My Home Vihanga – Only for Residents
- SANJEEVAIHA PARK – Open for all
Each of the above location will have a 2 Trainers plus 2 mentors. Mentors are Hyderabad Runners who have volunteered to be point of contact for any clarifications with regards to the training also they will be coordinating with HR office and trainers where necessary. They will also assist the group in following the trainig schedule. Details of the mentors will be shared via email to the registered participants only.
Runners should bear the cost of park entry fee or stadium usage charges in case of any.
All training participants will receive a training plan to follow for 24weeks/20weeks, and following a plan with goal finish time will definitely help you in achieving your target, members of HR have been following this plan and they have seen the positive results.